Anjan primarily advises banks and financial institutions, multinational companies, investment funds, multilateral agencies and foreign investors. He has experience in aviation, energy, infrastructure, financial services, hospitality, industrial, and technology sectors. His recent representative experience includes advising:
- Reynolds Group in the sale of Closure Systems International Nepal to Pact.
- Daraz Group in the sale of Daraz Nepal to Alibaba Group.
- Saisan in acquisition of majority stake in NL Gas Limited to form Gas One Nepal.
- CCK Power in the acquisition of hydropower projects in Nepal.
- Bank of China and other lenders in financing for Hongshi Shivam Cement.
- FMO and other lenders in financing for 82MW Lower Solu Hydropower Project.
- IFC and other lenders in financing for 37MW Kabeli-A Hydropower Project.
- Visa in legal issues relating to payment system regulation imposed by Nepal Rastra Bank.
- Millennium Challenge Corporation in compact agreement with Nepal Government.
- Nissan Motors in defending various lawsuits filed by a distributor.
- Northern and Western Insurance Company in defending aviation reinsurance claim lawsuit.
He has also advised global banks (Deutsche Bank, Bank Julius Baer, Masherq, China Development Bank) in cross-border banking and financial regulation; technology companies (Uber, Iflix, Kaymu, Milvik) in market entry and operation structuring; global hotel chains (Marriott, Hilton, Duisit Thani) in international franchising, management agreements and intellectual property; and leasing and aviation companies (ICBC Financial Leasing, CDB Leasing, Avtrade, Minsheng) in leasing and sale of aircrafts.
Anjan obtained LL.B. (Hons.) degree from the University of Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom graduating with First Class Honors. He is licensed as an Advocate by the Nepal Bar Council. He is a member of the Nepal Bar Association and the International Bar Association.
- Leading lawyer for corporate/commercial - Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019
- Recommended lawyer - The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2019
- Leading lawyer for general business law - Chambers Global/Asia-Pacific (since 2014)