Anjan has extensive experience in aviation, foreign investment, private equity, franchising, M&A, joint ventures, project finance, litigation, and arbitration. He has deep knowledge of energy, financial services, hospitality, and information technology sectors. His recent experience includes advising:
- Reynolds Group in the sale of Closure Systems International Nepal to Pact.
- Daraz Group in the sale of Daraz Kaymu Nepal to Alibaba.
- Saisan in acquisition of majority stake in NL Gas Limited to form Gas One Nepal.
- CCK Power in the acquisition of two hydropower projects totaling over 350MW.
- Bank of China and other lenders in financing for Hongshi Shivam Cement.
- FMO and other lenders in financing for 82MW Lower Solu Hydropower Project.
- IFC and other lenders in financing for 37MW Kabeli-A Hydropower Project.
- Visa in legal issues relating to payment system regulation imposed by Nepal Rastra Bank.
- Millennium Challenge Corporation in compact agreement with Nepal Government.
- Nissan Motors in defending various lawsuits filed by a distributor.
- Northern and Western Insurance Company in defending aviation reinsurance claim lawsuit.
He has also advised global banks (Deutsche Bank, Bank Julius Baer, Masherq, China Development Bank) in cross-border banking and financial regulation; technology companies (Uber, Iflix, Kaymu, Milvik) in market entry and structuring; global hotel chains (Marriott, Hilton, Duisit Thani) in international franchising, management agreements and intellectual property; and leasing and aviation companies (ICBC Financial Leasing, CDB Leasing, Avtrade, Minsheng) in leasing and sale of aircrafts.
Anjan has obtained LL.B. (Hons.) degree from the University of Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom. He graduated with “First Class Honours”.
Anjan has excellent fluency in English and Nepali.