Anjan has advised many of the world’s leading companies in large, complex, and market first matters in Nepal. He has extensive experience in banking, M&A, joint ventures, market entry, project finance and disputes. His expertise includes aircraft purchase and leasing, international franchising and financial regulation. His representative experience includes advising:
- Rank Group in the sale of Closure Systems International to Pact Group.
- Daraz Group in the sale of Daraz Nepal to Alibaba Group.
- Saisan in the acquisition of majority stake in NL Gas to form Gas One Nepal.
- CCK Power on acquisition of hydropower projects in Nepal.
- Bank of China in the financing of Hongshi Shivam Cement.
- FMO and other lenders in the financing of Lower Solu Hydropower.
- IFC and other lenders in the financing of Kabeli-A Hydropower.
- Millennium Challenge Corporation in compact agreement with the Government of Nepal.
- International hotel chains in franchise and management agreements with various hotels.
- Nissan Motors in defending various lawsuits filed by distributor.
- Northern & Western Reinsurance in defending aviation reinsurance claim.
Other clients include banks and financial institutions: Deutsche Bank, ICICI Bank, Bank Julius Baer, Mashreq Bank, China Development Bank, CEXIM, Sinosure, Japan Bank of International Cooperation, GuarantCo, ICBC Leasing, CDB Leasing, and multinationals: Visa, Tencent, Marriott, Hilton, Dusit Thani, Milvik, Avtrade, Cathay Pacific, JCB, Crocs, BBC, The Body Shop, General Electric, Ant Financial and others.
Anjan holds LL.B. (Hons) First Class from the University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom. He is licensed as an Advocate by Nepal Bar Council and is a member of the Nepal Bar Association and the International Bar Association.
- Leading lawyer for corporate/commercial - Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019
- Recommended lawyer - The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2019
- Leading lawyer for general business law - Chambers Global/Asia-Pacific (since 2014)